X Award ENTRIES
Entry Conditions for the X Awards
1. All entries must be produced in house at the station making the entry and voiced by station personnel. Entries from professional voice artists will not be accepted.
2. All entries must be digital via the SCMA website and the X Awards entry area.
3. Entry samples must not be any longer than 3 minutes per sample in total. The actual program that they come from can be longer but please only submit edited highlights.
4. Judging of the awards will be conducted independently of the Southern Community Media Association and the National Regional, Rural & Sub Metro Broadcasters Conference.
5. The judges decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into or accepted by the Judging Panel.
6. All entries will be judged on their merit without Bias or preconceived ideas or opinions.
7. The X Award will be awarded to the station of the producer or program makers and will remain the property of that station.
8. Only one entry per talent per category will be accepted. Multiple entries are allowable but they must be by different talent.
9. Multiple entries within each category are allowable provided that they are clearly identified as separate entries and are by different individuals.
10. All uploads must be clearly defined with an individual name per entry.
11. All entries must be approved by station management to be a valid entry.
12. All entries will remain the property of the southern Community Media Association and can be used in anyway the SCMA deems fit.
13. By entering the X awards you agree to allow you entry to be used in whatever way the Southern Community Media Association deems fit to assist in the promotion of the awards or the association.
14. All finalist will be notified by email prior to the awards presentation night.
15. The X awards will be presented at the National Regional, Rural & Sub Metro Broadcasters Conference Dinner.
16. All entries must have been produced and used on air between last year’s award judging and this year to be eligible for the awards.
17. Entry categories will be as follows:
- Best in house production of a sponsorship Announcement
- Best in house production of a sweeper or station ID
- Best in house production of a CSA
- Best in house production of a show promotion
- Best Outside Broadcast of Community involvement or special event
- Best Interview
- Best locally produced Program (Music)
- Best locally produced Program (Non Music)
- Best Locally Produced News or information program
- Best in house Production and Presentation by Presenters 25 years or below.
- Best locally produced New Show less than 18months old
18. The X awards name and Logo remain the property of the Southern Community Media Association and can only be used with the written permission of the association.
19. The Categories set out within these rules may vary depending on entry numbers.
20. The X Awards recognises “Excellence in Community Broadcasting”
21. To be eligible to enter the X Awards you must be a current financial member of the SCMA or be in attendance at the National Regional Rural and Sub Metro Broadcasters Conference. Non member entries will be removed from finalist list if if the nominated station does not have a representative at the National Regional Rural and Sub Metro Broadcasters Conference.